Green tea weight loss pills
November 10, 2014 3 Comments
A hot cup of green tea with perhaps some warmed almond milk or lemon is sure to satisfy your soul and give you a gentle boost of caffeine But beyond the realm of regular green tea, lies an incredible superfood known as matcha green tea Perhaps youâ€™ve heard of it, but if not, itâ€™s time you met one of the most potent superfoods that exists, containing more nutrients than you could imagine
What is Matcha?
How is Matcha Different Than Regular Green Tea?
How Does Matcha Taste?
Like all green tea, matcha has slightly grass notes, but with a much richer, almost buttery flavor Itâ€™s especially tasty when blended with some non-dairy milk and stevia, along with a little vanilla extract
Superfood Benefits of Matcha:
- Matcha green tea far outweighs even some of the most powerful superfoods we know of today It contains over six times the antioxidants in goji berries, seven times the antioxidants in dark chocolate, 17 times more antioxidants than blueberries, and 60 times the antioxidants found in spinach And thatâ€™s just in one teaspoon!
- Matcha contains 137 times more of the popular antioxidant known as EGCG found in regular green tea EGCG is a part of the antioxidant family known as catechins, which have been linked to better heart health, a healthy metabolism, and improved aging
- Matcha is a great tool to improve your workouts since itâ€™s energizing and anti-inflammatory
- The beautiful bright green tea has even been found to prevent cancer, because the antioxidants in the tea are so high, they help fight off immune system invaders known as free radicals
- Matcha is five times higher in chlorophyll than regular tea Chlorophyll is the green pigment found in plants that can help give you clear skin, protect your blood and heart, and also help prevent joint inflammation
- One glass of matcha green tea is equal to the amount of nutrition found in 10 cups of regular green tea
- Matcha green tea has been found to raise the metabolism, provide a long stream of energy versus a crash you get with coffee, and possibly help with weight management Of course matcha isnâ€™t a replacement for an unhealthy diet, but it is a much smarter, holistic way to raise your metabolism and gain energy instead of chemical-filled energy drinks and diet pills
- Matcha also lowers anxiety due to the high, raw amounts of L-theanine found in matchaGreen tea weight loss pillsNovember 10, 2014 3 CommentsA hot cup of green tea with perhaps some warmed almond milk or lemon is sure to satisfy your soul and give you a gentle boost of caffeine. L-theanine is an amino acid that promotes a state of relaxation and is the reason regular green tea is thought of as a calming beverage
- Matcha only contains 35 milligrams of caffeine per teaspoon, which is almost a third less than a cup of regular black coffee
Sounds pretty amazing for a tea, right? Thatâ€™s because matcha, like all plant-based foods, has unique properties that make it special in its own light Remember that matcha isnâ€™t a quick-fix magic pill to perfect health, but it sure beats out other teas and is a better, less-processed option your body will thank you for
How to Enjoy Matcha Green Tea:
Other uses: Matcha is also amazing in a green smoothie You can use it to replace your normal green superfood powder in a pinch, or just use it in any other regular smoothie Since itâ€™s so high in nutrition, you donâ€™t need a lot of it to get the health benefits A half to a whole teaspoon is plenty
You can also use matcha in energy bites, vegan ice cream, truffles, and even bake brownies and cupcakes with it if you like Or, keep things simple and blend it with some ice and non-dairy milk to make an iced matcha latte Get creative and see how you can incorporate matcha into your life!
Where to Find Matcha and What to Look For:
Itâ€™s important not to buy just any old brand of matcha tea Many brands market matcha tea that arenâ€™t true matcha The better brands will be slightly pricier than cheap versions you find at the grocery store, and this indicates their higher quality Check the label on all matcha you buy It should only include 100 percent matcha green tea leaves and preferably be organic and ceremonial grade, which indicates itâ€™s produced in the same, minimally-processing method of green tea consumed in Japan and will ensure it contains no pesticides
The color should also be a bright green, not a muddy greenish-brown color, which indicates itâ€™s been more heavily processed or is a cheaper variety of matcha
Most matcha is sold in 2-4 ounce containers and ranges anywhere from $1500-$5000 per container These are definitely not cheap but will last at least three months if you use a half teaspoon per day
How do you like to enjoy matcha green tea?
Graphic by: Hannah Williams
Browse through some recent posts below:
Stock Up on Home-Delivered Plant-Based Milk to Celebrate #NationalMilkDay
Celebrate National Milk Day by ordering one of these plant-based milk products!
5 Vegan Hacks That Will Inspire You to Get in the Kitchen
Thereâ€™s nothing that a lot of creativity and some sugar and spice canâ€™t achieve when it comes to recapturing the taste and feel of even the meatiest of dishes Here are 5 vegan hacks that will blow your mind!
Check Out These 10 US-Based Restaurants Dishing Out Delicious Vegan BBQ!
Check out this list of 10 of our favorite restaurants offering some of the best plant-based barbecue around